How to Fix Wavlink Extender Not Connecting to Internet Issue?
Installing a Wavlink range extender in the house becomes pointless when it does not fulfill its very purpose i.e. providing with unprecedented internet access. If you are experiencing the same thing, then it definitely means that you’re facing the Wavlink extender not connecting to internet issue. Thus, you are required to address it before things turn awry. Given in the post are some hacks that will help you get the problem resolved. Not only this, but we will also make you aware of the precautions to be taken to avoid the emergence of similar issues in the future. So, let’s get the ball rolling.
Why is Wavlink Extender Not Connecting to Internet?
The inability of the extender to connect to the internet hinders your path to access the Wavlink extender setup wizard. That is why we want to shed light on the reasons causing the issue in the first place. Here’s what’s stopping your range extender from connecting to the internet:
- A damaged Ethernet cable used for connecting the Wavlink range extender to the main gateway is generally the reason behind the issue. Know that a damaged Ethernet cable not only slows down the direct signal transmission but also distorts the signals thereby causing internet problems.
- Another reason resulting in the Wavlink extender not connecting to internet issue might be the improper distance separating WiFi devices. Remember that if your WiFi range extender and the main router are not sharing a proper distance, then you’ll get nothing but welcomed by issues similar to the one under discussion.
- Do not forget the fact that more than 78% of networking devices fail to do their job properly because of technical glitches. FYI, technical glitches are unexpected errors that might arise at any time and the reason behind them is unknown.
Tips to Fix Wavlink Extender Not Connecting to Internet Issue
Taking into account that you’re now familiar with the reasons behind the Wavlink extender’s internet issue, let’s get to the main deal now and learn how to get it resolved:
- Check the Ethernet cable that you’ve used to couple your Wavlink extender and the main router. In the scenario that it is damaged, you are supposed to get it repaired. However, if that’s not possible, consider employing another Ethernet cable for the direct extender-router communication. Additionally, ensure that the connection is loose by no means.
- Consider reducing the distance that is separating your range extender from the main router. But wait! You’re not allowed to place them neck to neck. Otherwise, there is a high possibility that their signals wage a war against each other creating chaos.
- Although technical glitches occur due to unknown reasons, it never means that you cannot resolve them. In fact, fixing them is much easier than you think. All you must do is disconnect all the cables connected to your extender and switch it off. Thereafter, wait for some time, and power it up following the establishment of cable connections.
After you’re done with the implementation of the above-discussed hacks, the Wavlink extender not connecting to internet issue will be miles away from your home network. Just in case it is still following you, consider reconfiguring your range extender. However, check out the next section to learn how you can avoid such issues from troubling you in the future.
Prevention: Wavlink Extender Not Connecting to Internet Issue
- Since the firmware of any networking device is the governing software, you are supposed to keep the Wavlink extender’s firmware up-to-date. It will ensure that your WiFi range extender gets equipped with all the latest features that guarantee smooth internet performance. In addition, your home network also receives a gift of enhanced security features. Thus, it will be completely a win-win situation.
- The placement of your extender must be perfect no matter what. If your extender sits in a room packed with WiFi-interference-creating factors, then you can surely expect the “Wavlink extender not connecting to internet” issue at your door. What we suggest to avoid such a situation is to keep the extender’s placement accurate.
- Always stay in touch with your Internet Service Provider to know the status of the internet connection from the back end. This won’t prevent you from facing an internet-related issue, but you will be prepared for it.
Briefly to Conclude
The extender’s inability to connect to the internet is the worst nightmare for every technical user. Considering you were facing the same problem with your range extender, we tried to put every detail regarding the Wavlink extender not connecting to internet issue in this write-up. Now, we are expecting that you’re having a rosy experience with the extender.
In case even after following the correct hacks and taking necessary precautions, your WiFi range extender denies connecting to the internet, then you can get in touch with our expert team. They’ll let you know some secret techniques to resolve the issue like it never existed.